We Have New Hampshire Roots!
Today we provide services in three states and, in addition to branches in Portsmouth and Derry, New Hampshire is home to our Greenland administrative office and Dover business office.
Our New Hampshire management team has a wealth of diverse experience in providing services to people with disabilities, particularly in developmental services and in behavioral health. This allows us to provide comprehensive and inclusive services to meet the wide range of needs of the people we serve.
Please browse through our menu of available supports and you will likely find just the right fit to meet your needs or those of someone you care about.
Our New Hampshire Services
Click on one of the services below to learn more.
The Shared Living model is based on a person in need of support living with a host family in a natural home, as opposed to an institutional environment.
The person receiving support:
- Is an active participant in the process of selecting the host family.
- Benefits from having supports, meals and activities that are a good fit for them.
- Has the experience of a family-like environment.
- Receives the highest level of individualized care and community integration, compared to any other residential model.
With more than twenty years of experience helping hundreds of people thrive in Shared Living homes, Living Innovations has the knowledge and dedicated professional staff to bring about optimal results.
Strengthening communities through the inclusion of all people to the highest degree possible is a core value of Living Innovations.
Community Connections is:
- Community-based and not dependent on a facility.
- Takes advantage of local educational, social and employment opportunities.
- Facilitates the development of “natural supports” – relationships with people other than paid staff.
- Is individualized to the needs, desires, and interests of participants.
- Is focused on enhancing health, safety and independent living skills.
The highest priority for most people in Community connections is to get a job. We assist participants in developing job skills and in searching for and obtaining a job when they are ready.
For individuals with a specific focus on employment, in addition to the services that are ordinarily provided through Community Connections, Supported Employment can provide additional support, including:
- Access to Vocational Rehabilitation (VocRehab) services
- Planning to advance career initiatives
- Job development
- Job coaching
Navigating the “system” and choosing the best options for your family can be stressful and confusing. Living Innovations’ Case Managers help by providing coordination and oversight during the planning process and delivery of services, including:
- Facilitating communication between members of the support team (consumer, guardian, family, service providers and others as appropriate)
- Working with the support team to develop a person-centered plan
- Linkage to appropriate agencies, community resources and informal supports
- Monitoring the individual’s progress toward the achievement of objectives specified in the plan
- Periodic review of the individual’s status and needs and implementing changes to the plan as needed
School to Adult Transition Support
We help students make the transition from being a teen, within the school environment, to being a young adult. Developing skills such as:
- Communicating clearly
- Solving problems
- Keeping one’s home clean
- Using public transportation
- Preparing for employment
- The goal is for them to develop independent living skills so that they feel confident and at home in the world.
This service is designed to give each individual and family the support they need to manage their busy lives. We can provide assistance on an as-needed basis: as few as 4-5 hours a week or as much as round the clock.
Examples of support include:
- Skill-building in self-help and self-care
- Assistance and training with household activities and chores such as cooking, cleaning, and personal care
- Accessing the community
For those who do not qualify for Medicaid funding, all of our services are available on a private pay basis. We will work with you to set up the perfect plan for a loved one in need of support.
A Mission & Values Driven Organization
Living Innovations provides support to people with disabilities to have a good life at home and in the community.
Supporting People is First
We believe each person is valuable and will put individuals at the center of all we do.
Honor All Support Providers
Our direct support providers are the key to our success.
We believe that by including all people, communities become stronger.
Uncompromising Honesty and Integrity
We embrace the highest standards of ethics in all of our relationships, services and business practices.
Never Give Up
We will work creatively to support lives, building on people’s strengths.
Optimistic and Cheerful
We will be positive, pleasant and hopeful.
Growth Through Innovation
We will find new and better ways to serve people, and grow our organization.
We will work well with others in the interest of the individuals and families we support.