WE HAVE TEN OFFICES IN MAINE SUPPORTING OVER 700 PEOPLE!
No other agency in Maine is as committed to providing state-wide coverage.
We are dedicated to being Maine’s provider of choice for Shared Living, Community Support, In-Home Support and a range of other services. We accomplish this by putting the people we support at the center of all we do and by providing excellent customer service to all team participants including guardians, case managers and family members.
Our Maine management team has great expertise and experience in providing services for people with a broad range of intellectual and developmental disabilities. That depth of experience allows us to provide comprehensive, personalized and inclusive services to meet the very unique needs of each person we serve.
Please contact us if we can help find the supports that are a just-right fit for you or a person you care about.
Our Maine Services
Click on one of the services below to learn more.
Shared Living is based on carefully matching a person in need of support with a host family in a natural home, as opposed to an institutional environment.
The person receiving support:
- Is an active participant in the process of selecting the host family.
- Benefits from having supports, meals and activities that are a good fit for them.
- Has the experience of a nurturing family-like environment.
- Receives the highest level of individualized care and community integration, compared to any other residential model.
With more than twenty years of experience helping hundreds of people thrive in Shared Living homes, Living Innovations has the knowledge and dedicated professional staff to bring about optimal results.
Strengthening communities through the inclusion of all people to the highest degree possible is a core value of Living Innovations.
Community Support is:
- Community-based and not dependent on a facility.
- Takes advantage of local educational, social and employment opportunities.
- Facilitates the development of “natural supports” – relationships with people other than paid staff.
- Is individualized to the needs, desires, and interests of participants.
- Is focused on enhancing health, safety and independent living skills.
The highest priority for most people in Community Support is to get a job. We assist participants in developing job skills and in searching for and obtaining a job when they are ready.
For individuals with a specific focus on employment, in addition to the services that are ordinarily provided through Community Support, Supported Employment can provide additional assistance, including:
- Access to Vocational Rehabilitation (VocRehab) services
- Planning to advance career initiatives
- Job development
- Job coaching
Navigating the “system” and choosing the best options for your family can be stressful and confusing. Living Innovations’ Case Managers help by providing coordination and oversight during the planning process and delivery of services, including:
- Facilitating communication between members of the support team (consumer, guardian, family, service providers and others as appropriate)
- Working with the support team to develop a person-centered plan
- Linkage to appropriate agencies, community resources and informal supports
- Monitoring the individual’s progress toward the achievement of objectives specified in the plan
- Periodic review of the individual’s status and needs and implementing changes to the plan as needed
In-Home Support for Adults
We can provide assistance on an as-needed basis: as few as 2 hours per week or as much as round the clock. This service is highly individualized based on the needs of the recipient. Examples of support include:
- Skill-building in self-help and self-care
- Assistance and training with household activities and chores such as cooking, cleaning and personal care
- Accessing the community and participation in Community Support activities
Children get the help they need when the whole team works together. We will work with you and your child, the school system, case manager and all other team members to develop a plan that delivers results.
We provide support at home and in the community for children to gain skills that will help them with everyday needs, such as:
- Being responsible for their hygiene and money
- Getting along with others by learning how to express their needs and wants more effectively
Each child is unique, so each support plan is unique – the goal is increased independence.
For those who do not qualify for Medicaid funding, all of our services are available on a private pay basis. We will work with you to set up the perfect plan for a loved one in need of support.
A Mission & Values Driven Organization
Living Innovations provides support to people with disabilities to have a good life at home and in the community.
Supporting People is First
We believe each person is valuable and will put individuals at the center of all we do.
Honor All Support Providers
Our direct support providers are the key to our success.
We believe that by including all people, communities become stronger.
Uncompromising Honesty and Integrity
We embrace the highest standards of ethics in all of our relationships, services and business practices.
Never Give Up
We will work creatively to support lives, building on people’s strengths.
Optimistic and Cheerful
We will be positive, pleasant and hopeful.
Growth Through Innovation
We will find new and better ways to serve people, and grow our organization.
We will work well with others in the interest of the individuals and families we support.